Wednesday, December 12, 2012

2012, A Year To Remember

This morning when I went on Facebook, it gave me the option to see my 2012 in review. Naturally, I clicked it to see what it would say, and the following items were what I was shown:

  • The photo album I posted after last year's SnowGlobe Music Festival (NYE in South Lake Tahoe)
  • The day that Steven and I became Facebook friends after we met at said NYE festival
  • My birthday on February 26 when many beloved friends of mine wished me well
  • When I started working at the Disney/ABC Television Group in March
  • A glorious trip to Vegas that I took with some of my closest to see Bassnectar and celebrate my birthday, my birthday twin's birthday, and our Papa Bear's birthday
  • The end of the job I started at DATG in March, and the start of a new position there
  • Photos and video from Coachella with the Famaree
  • Photos from the utterly life-changing Lightning in a Bottle experience that I shared with some of my favorites, new and old
  • Photos from my fifth and last EDC in Las Vegas
  • A funny "Brotip" that I shared that states, "Ladies, guys are sick of hearing you ask where all of the "nice guys" are. They're in the friend zone, where you left them." (So true, by the way.)
  • The end of my other job at DATG
  • Posts about this year's SnowGlobe Music Festival
  • The making of Steven and my relationship "Facebook Official," and it's end
  • And the assortment of friends I've added, and pages I've liked
Overall, looking at the year 2012, I see so many good times, with so many dear friends. I am so blessed by the experiences that I've had and the people that I know and have met. I need to remember to say thank you to my Lord far more often than I do. 

Now, because I tend to view things from multiple points of view, I see the amazing life that I have lived and been given and am thankful for it, but at the same time, I see an array of experiences I've had before. 

I love music festivals and music, but do I want all my years to consist of just that? No. While they bring to me a new love for life and remind me that there are peaceful people out there like myself, I know that I want more than just that. With the exception of my jobs and having a boyfriend, Facebook could only find music festivals or raves to show me as highlights of my year. I want more! 

So it is with great joy, overflowing joy, that I tell you that I have finally acquired the final pieces of the puzzle that I needed in order to go to Spain and return to my European life! (Which is even better news, because as I was searching for alternative job options in case I couldn't go to Spain, I realized that none will work for my wild spirit and I just yet.) I am overjoyed and cannot wait to return to the life I have felt pulled to for years. I couldn't be happier, and I haven't felt so right about something in quite a while. Praise be to God! 

Today's Thoughts: I can't wait to see what my "year in review" for 2013 will look like! I have a feeling it's going to be a year I am incredibly proud of. God's plans for us are so much greater than our own. We will never understand His timing, but we must trust it, and not worry, because in the end, everything works out, and if it doesn't, it's not the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment