Tuesday, February 21, 2012

California Dreamin'

Today marks the first day in my SoCal adventure, and the second stop on my long journey. I started out at home in Stockton for a few days where I maxed out on family time, good food, and the Newsboys in concert. Now I find myself in sunny Santa Barbara with my little sis. She goes to Westmont College in Montecito and I am visiting her for the first time since she started back in August! The drive to get here reminded me just how beautiful the California landscape is. Most of our 6 hour drive was spent on the 5, but as soon as we got on the 126 and 101 my breath left me as I was surrounded by hills, lush greenery, and soon, the incredible ocean view. Passing through Ventura and Ojai is one of the prettiest sights you'll ever see, and the way the sun was shining through the clouds and hitting the fog on the ocean made it look like an early sunset. (These photos were taken with the Retro Camera app on my cellular.)

 Driving to SB on the 101 North

I am so excited to get out there tomorrow and take some pictures of the gorgeous scenery that surrounds this hidden gem of a campus. A bikeventure is calling my name, and my camera can't wait to be taken along!

Although I've traveled some other countries and seen a reasonable amount of sites, I still cannot forgo my appreciation for the beauty that surrounds us right here at home. We are blessed with snow and surf all in one happy place, and for that I will be eternally grateful. Always look around you and appreciate what is in front of you. And if you can't, find someone who isn't from there and bring them for a visit, they will undoubtedly point out a bit of beauty somewhere that you might have overlooked.

Today' Quote: "A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases, it will never pass into nothingness." -John Keats

No comments:

Post a Comment